For over 20 years I have been working in software development with more of a focus on product development in recent years. Originally starting in software testing / UAT I quickly moved into dev work, later architecture and more team & project management.
Currently I am the owner of 2 businesses.
- EML Sports. Sport registration, membership, online stores and websites for sporting clubs.
- EML Media. Custom Content Management System (CMS) and ecommerce solutions.
I have worked in a diverse range of commercial environments, with a variety of technologies, at clients both large and small. But what sets me apart is even though I am technically focused when I work in or for a business, I deal with the client is the language of the problem, not the technicalities of the solution.
Agile Software Development
Certified Scrum Master (CSM)
From my technical background I focus on using Open Source technology where relevant and practical:
- PHP development using Laravel, Slim and Symfony.
- WordPress & WooCommerce
- Linux and Windows servers
- Jira. dministration of projects, boards, users and custom workflows.
Some technologies and development languages that I not actively involved in any more.
- Sybase ASE, MS SQL Server & Oracle RDBMS
- SVN, CVS & PVCS for version control
- Power Builder
- VBA & Access
- Dev team management
- Software design & documentation
- System architecture
- Business analysis
- Mentoring of junior developers
I do occasional custom development work around content systems and ecommerce. Contact me if interested.
Other tools I would regularly use in software development: