PHP news for the fortnight ending August 27th, 2010.
- Jolt is a new PHP5.3+ framework aimed at fast and efficient web application development.
- CodeMash a multi development language technical conference on current practices, methodologies and technology trends. January 12-14, 2011, Sandusky, Ohio.
- Embarcadero RAD Studio XE with support for PHP
- Registration opens for ZendCon 2010. Early bird by 19 September.
- Zend Framework 1.10.8 Released with bug fixes
- CakePHP 1.2.8 released of bugfixes and optimisations
- Phantm 1.05 released. Statically analyses PHP code to detect and report type mismatches
There are no shortage of PHP frameworks, some grow large vibrant communities and a number wither and die over time. A number of the larger frameworks by user base have announced plans for the next steps in their evolution. Specifically we examine the next major versions of Zend Framework, Symfony, CodeIgniter and CakePHP.
PHP developer news for week ending July 23rd, 2010.
- PHP 5.2.14 released. Bug & security release and the end of active support for the 5.2 line.
- PHP 5.3.3 released. Over 100 fixes with a number of security enhancements.
- CakePHP 1.3.3 rainbow icing edition released.
- Phalanx PHP Framework. Event driven PHP5.3+ framework.
- CodeIgniter Con 2010. August 14 & 15, Bristol UK.
- Symfony day. October 8th, 2010 in Cologne, Germany.
- indieconf. Conference for independent web professionals. November 13, Raleigh, North Carolina, USA.