For over 16 years I have been working in software development. Originally starting in software testing / UAT I quickly moved into dev work, later architecture and now more team & project management. Currently I am employed as the Software Solutions Manager at Australasian Medical Publishing. I have worked in a diverse range of commercial environments, with a variety of technologies, at clients both large and small. But what sets me apart is even though I am technically focused when I work in or for a business, I deal with the client is the language of the problem, not the technicalities of the solution.
Agile Software Development
Certified Scrum Master (CSM)
From my technical background I focus on using Open Source technology where relevant and practical:
- PHP Object Oriented & procedural using Laravel, Slim and Symfony.
- WordPress & Drupal
- MySQL, Sybase ASE, MS SQL Server & Oracle RDBMS
- Linux and Windows servers
- Jira. dministration of projects, boards, users and custom workflows.
- Git, SVN, CVS & PVCS for version control
Some technologies and development languages that I not actively involved in any more.
- Power Builder
- VBA & Access
- Software design & documentation
- System architecture
- Business analysis
- Mentoring of junior developers
I have previously run my own software development consultancy but am no longer taking on any outside work.
Other tools I would regularly use in software development: